Newswise – The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland will showcase its graduate programs, via UMD Smith Summit: Reimagine Your Career, from 9:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday, October 15, 2022, at Van Munching Hall on UMD’s Campus from College Park.
Admissions counselors and industry-focused panelists will provide insight into a range of degree programs at an in-person event designed for prospective students – from current undergraduates to considering working professionals. a career change or are looking for opportunities for advancement.
Attendees will also hear from UMD alumnus, Olympic gold medalist and entrepreneur Dominique Dawes ’02, who will talk about her transition from a three-time Olympic gymnast to founding and operating the Dominique Dawes Gymnastics & Ninja Academy in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Dean Prabhudev Konana will open the event with welcoming remarks and introduce Dawes as the keynote speaker. Subsequent panel discussions will involve Smith alumni providing insight into how to thrive in their industries and the layers of knowledge needed to succeed in the workplace.
Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to receive one-on-one counseling from Smith Admissions Counselors on degree opportunities in the following programs:
- full-time MBAranked #26 by Fortune and recognized internationally for preparing leaders and entrepreneurs with sophisticated analytical skills and a deep understanding of how business functions such as marketing, finance, and operations interact.
- Flex MBA#25 in the US News & World Report rankings for part-time programs and designed for working professionals to select the best pace for their studies as well as the best satellite campus location (Baltimore, DC or Rockville)… Students can start the program in August or January and the flexibility further includes fully online electives and opportunities for global learning experiences.
- Executive MBAranked #20 by Fortune with classes starting in January and emphasizing one-on-one executive coaching to hone leadership skills and help professionals move up the ladder or transition in their careers.
- Online MBAranked #4 among U.S.-based programs by Fortune and serving professionals who average eight years of work experience in business, government, science, engineering, and more.
- Online MS in Business Analyticswith a focus on leveraging big data for forecasting, prediction and managerial decision making.
- Masters in Commerceencompassing several specialized master’s degrees for the new business landscape in a range of areas, including master’s degrees in accounting, business analysis, business and management, information systems, marketing analysis and supply chain management, as well as master’s degrees in quantitative finance and master’s degrees in finance.
- Plus 1a program that allows UMD undergraduates to take graduate-level Masters of Commerce courses while pursuing their bachelor’s degree, helping them earn a Masters of Commerce faster and more affordably than a traditional graduate student .
For more information, visit the UMD Smith Summit homepage.