Morgan Stanley’s Institute for Inclusion (IFI) and Morgan Stanley’s Supplier Diversity Program Announce the First Class of Morgan Stanley Small Business Academy (the Academy).
Created to promote fairness and empower leaders of diversely owned small businesses, this educational initiative enables small businesses to differentiate themselves in the procurement process, strengthen their business acumen, and expand their professional networks. Each class consists of a 12-week, instructor-led virtual learning experience, followed by a year-long mentorship program.
“We are proud to welcome the Academy’s inaugural class of 2022 and watch their businesses grow and develop through the program,” said Suzanne ReidGlobal Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Morgan Stanley, and Director of the Morgan Stanley Institute for Inclusion.
“The Academy is another step taken by Morgan Stanley to promote equity in society as a whole and expand business opportunities for companies with diverse interests.”
“For small businesses to get a foot in the door, it’s essential that they have a clear understanding of the large business procurement process,” said Sendora PridgenGlobal Head of Supplier Diversity, Morgan Stanley.
“The Academy complements our Supplier Diversity Program and helps expand opportunities for small businesses with diverse interests to win contracts with leading companies.”
The inaugural cohort launched the Virtual Academy on April 25, 2022 with the following companies:
– Blu Fable: a creative content agency that helps brands express their values.
– Hootology: A modernized market research and analytics company that merges the art and science of insight gathering for smarter business decisions.
– Impact Consulting: a management consulting firm specializing in talent and organizational development (OD) strategies and solutions as well as diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategies and solutions.
– InnovatorsBox: an organization focused on consulting and education, focused on the science and strategy of creativity in the workplace. Their interactive, research-based programs empower businesses, professionals, educators, students, and entrepreneurs to unleash their creative minds and thrive in today’s complex workplaces.
– IT Creative Labs: a full-service technology company specializing in software development and support, digital marketing services suite and IT staff.
– Runaway Train Productions: an award-winning, women-founded video production company committed to empowering women and historically underrepresented groups in front of and behind the camera.
– Sam’s word (dba 628 Digital Design): a full-service digital content design and marketing agency serving organizations worldwide, offering complete and integrated copywriting, creative design and marketing solutions.
– Solvitur Systems: IT consulting firm specializing in cybersecurity, systems modernization, IT risk management, privacy and data protection, program management and cloud computing services.
– Posture People: a specialist in injury prevention and customer-focused ergonomic workplace solutions for businesses across multiple industries. They enable a healthier workforce through onsite, in-person, and virtual solutions.
– TLZ Architecture DPC (dba Bureau V Architecture): an award-winning interdisciplinary practice dedicated to culturally sensitive and inclusive architecture and design.
To learn more about the Academy, please visit: https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/supplier-diversity/small-business-academy1.